Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Living, life itself, is a WONDER.  
WONDER, wide-eyed, smile inducing WONDER.
WONDER discovering both the new and the old.
Life is WONDERful.

When I am busy, like as of late, it is easy to be all focused on stuff, instead of Life, the WONDER of simply living.  You know what I mean.  

Reading words of another artist brings me home again, home to the WONDER.  The days, the moments, I’ve been living and the WONDER of them all.  Let us read, listen or watch those artists that inspire us.

For me, It’s a WONDER I get to be cozy, slow, this morning in my bed, reading the warm words of my Father.  And sometimes it is even a WONDER to read His same words in between the requests of my children, when I do not wake up early.  His words are still WONDERful.

It’s a WONDER I have a home, yes, not a perfect one at all, but a home to be able to tend to,  care for and make it my kind of beautiful.

It’s a WONDER I get to teach my kids at home or I get to send my kids to school.

It’s a WONDER I get to be around other families, other mamas and their children, to be in fellowship.

It’s a WONDER I get to look into the eyes of my children, to answer their question(s), give a hug after their cry or to simply listen to THEM.

It’s even a WONDER to wash dishes with rainbow soap bubbles, the WONDER of feeding the souls under my roof, nourishing both the stomach and the mind.

WONDER upon WONDER.  Our days are filled to them when we notice.  May our gaze always be pulled from the work, the hassle or the burden of a situation to the WONDER of it.  It’s a beautiful thing.

Won’t you now take a moment and write or think  from a different perspective, the perspective of WONDER?  I pray that WONDER will be your lovely partner walking with you through the minutes of your days.  Father, help us to pause long enough from our grumbles to be able to see the WONDER.  Amen.

Stacy Smith-Fulia